The Oliver Family Reports
List five events from 1984.
1. There was a national Phi Theta Kappa convention which I attended (and ran for national office) with some friends who are still my closest friends today; the theme was "1984 - Orwell was Wrong".
2. I realized that I was not committed to my long-term marriage for the life term and resolved to try my best to make it work for at least another year before making a decision to call it quits.
3. Indira Gandhi was assasinated and millions of Ethiopians and other African people died of starvation from the drought.
4. My mother surprised me by plotting with my best friend to attend my college graduation from across the country.
5. I took a class during which I learned to let go of guilt, embrace life, and vowed to never live a lifestyle which anyone could describe as "Yuppie."