This page is for archive purposes only, we are no longer accepting assignment submissions.
1) What do I do to accept an assignment?
When you've decided to accept an assignment contact us with your name, email address and assignment number.
2) How long do I have to complete an assignment?
Our advice to you is do the project as quickly as you can. Do it right now in fact, or no later than tomorrow, because, as we all know, if you put something off you will probably never get around to doing it. Set yourself a little goal, say, "I will finish this project within the next 24 hours, and it will be the best thing I've ever done too."
3) If I have any questions, who do I contact?
Please contact SFMOMA at: collections - at - sfmoma - dot - org.
4) Can I do more than one assignment?
Yes, you can do as many as you like.
5) Can I do the same assignment more than once?
Yes, but why not just try a new assignment instead.
6) Do I have to follow the instructions exactly as they are written?
Every report that follows the assignment's instructions will be posted on this site. Work that does not follow the specifications will not be posted. It is very important that you attempt to follow the instructions as accurately as possible.
7) What types of images/sound/video files do you accept?
For display on this website:
-We accept images formatted as jpegs (.jpeg/.jpg), gifs (.gif), tiffs (.tiff/.tif) and bitmaps (.bmp).
-Acceptable sound formats are Mp3s (.mp3), aiffs (.aiff) and wave (.wav) files.
8) Whoa, what happened to the assignment I did a report for?
Sometimes, but very rarely, we take down entire assignments and all the accompanying reports. Just like when your parents got divorced, this is not your fault. It is just a natural part of the trial and error process.